Description: 1. Load both images, convert to double and to grayscale.
2. Detect feature points in both images.
3. Extract fixed-size patches around every keypoint in both images, and form descriptors simply by "flattening" the pixel values in each patch to
% one-dimensional vectors.
4. Compute distances between every descriptor in one image and every descriptor in the other image.
5. Select putative matches based on the matrix of pairwise descriptor distances obtained above.
6. Run RANSAC to estimate (1) an affine transformation and (2) a homography mapping one image onto the other.
7. Warp one image onto the other using the estimated transformation.
8. Create a new image big enough to hold the panorama and composite the two images into it.
image_stitching.m, 13688 , 2019-12-23